Common Signs You Need Wiring Repair
According to estimates, faulty electrical systems are responsible for over 53,000 fires every year. One of the most common sources for these fires is faulty electrical wiring. If you are concerned about your electrical safety, the first thing that you should do is contact a professionally licensed electrician for help.
In Rockland, the most highly skilled and experienced electricians are at Ryan Services. Their experts have the ability to assist you with all your electrical wiring repair needs. If you notice any of the following things within your home, you should contact their electrical safety experts for help.
Damaged or Frayed Wiring
The electrical wiring within your home is insulated from exposure to the air. Overtime, heavy usage can cause this insulation to fray or crack. Once the insulation is compromised, the exposed wire becomes a substantial safety risk. If you notice that you have exposed electrical wiring within your home, you should contact a professionally licensed electrician for help immediately.
Outdated Wiring Systems
Another common issue that Rockland homeowners face is outdated wiring systems. If your home was built before the early 70s, you should consider having an electrical safety inspection conducted. Older homes often have aluminum or knob and tube wiring within them. These two materials are no longer used today because they present a substantial threat.
Insufficient Electrical Wiring
Modern homes demand more energy from their electrical systems than they did at any point in the past. As such, electrical wiring is often insufficient to provide for our contemporary needs. As wiring becomes overloaded, it becomes more dangerous. Common signs that your electrical wiring is being overloaded is flickering and dimming lights as well as routinely tripping circuit breakers.
Overheating and Scorch Marks
Again, the largest safety threat of a improperly maintained electrical system is a house fire. As such, if you notice any signs that your electrical system is overheating, you should contact a professionally licensed electricians as soon as possible. Signs of overheating include walls that are warm to the touch, scorch marks around electrical outlets, and burning rubber smells within your home.